- Level of qualification
- Not qualified
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for a super-smart Finance Assistant to support our Financial Controller in the day to day accounting requirements of our high growth business. An all-encompassing Finance Assistant role you will have touchpoints in all aspects of our accounting activities and processes.
You will need to be highly organised, proactive and confident to get things done in a super-fast paced environment. Above all else, you will be enthusiastic, willing to learn and have a flexible and positive work ethic.
What will the job involve?
- Take ownership of our accounts payable process. Creating approval flows, create automated invoice posting processes to Xero via Receipt bank, maintain the AP ledger, create weekly batch payment runs in the bank. Including supplier statement reconciliation. payments for payroll and staff expenses.
- Work closely with our B2B team and take ownership of the accounts receivable process for our B2B clients (<100 monthly transactions). Create processes for one-off and recurring invoicing, maintain sales ledger. Create collection processes (Chaser, Gocardless) and manage the escalation of outstanding balances.
- Supporting the FC in closing the month-end management accounts including fixed asset/depreciation postings, prepay/accrual posting, balance recs
- Weekly cash flow reporting
- Daily bank reconciliations in Xero
- Dealing with daily finance enquiries
- Ad-hoc financial support and analysis to support our business functions.
- Ad-hoc improvement projects
- You will be a Finance/Accountancy graduate who has started or is keen to start working towards their professional qualifications (AAT/ACCA/CIMA), study support package will be provided.
- We require a minimum 1 year of accountancy work experience, ideally within a fast-paced SME.
- Excellent level of IT literacy, in particular strong Excel skills.
- We are looking for someone with lots of potentials and is hungry to learn from our experienced team.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving attitude essential.
- Someone who relishes a challenge makes things better and takes responsibility to get things done.
Patch offers a number of team-wide benefits and perks but if there’s something that’s important to you that’s not on this list, let us know.
- Study support budget and study leave towards a professional accounting qualification (AAT/ACCA/CIMA).
- An opportunity to bring online one of the world’s last remaining offline industries
- Highly competitive salary
- 25 days holiday allowance increase by 1 day with each year of service, as well as days off around Christmas in exchange for Customer Service shifts.
- Generous plant allowance to help you bring your own home to life
- Regular team socials
- Weekly breakfast meetings
- Drinks on a Friday afternoon to celebrate the week
- Flexible working arrangements, as long as the work gets done
- Patch HQ is a beautiful unique building, just a moment’s walk from Queenstown Road and Battersea Park train stations (one stop from Victoria, Waterloo and Clapham Junction). As you’d expect, it’s bursting with plants!