Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
The Senior Financial Reporting Accountant will support the Head of Financial Reporting on financial accounting matters, including financial statements. Ensure that robust and thorough financial reporting is in place and that the annual accounts for all entities are closed with a clean opinion. Assist on investment fund and pension fund accounting matters where necessary.
LPP is a pension service provider for LGPS and other public sector pension funds. Based in London, they aim to help clients reduce pension deficits, improve investment returns and lower costs through our core service.
LPP was formed in 2016 through a collaboration between Lancashire County Council and the London Pensions Fund Authority. Today they manage £17.4bn of pension assets for our investors, and provide pensions administration services to more than 600,000 members across LGPS, Police and Firefighters pension schemes.
- Lead accountability for the monitoring of financial performance of LPFA whilst liaising with senior colleagues. Provide compliance reporting in relation to appropriate activities.
- Lead on financial accounts requirements in relation to pension fund and employee benefits under the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) rules.
- Lead on reviewing all Bank of New York Mellon ('BNY') monthly reports and assisting the analysis and processing of the data into the ledger.
- Accountability for the implementation of financial infrastructure to support all financial aspects of organisational development and projects/initiatives.
- Lead on the development of an effective working relationship with external auditors and actuaries whilst ensuring that arrangements both meet the needs of the organisation and deliver good value for money.
- Leadership, development, management and/or mentoring of junior members of the finance team as appropriate.
- Support the team in managing fluctuations in workload and prioritising to meeting deadlines, as well as contributing to team initiatives. Also carry out any other duties commensurate with the post and where appropriate take additional responsibility when cover needs to be maintained.
- Qualified accountant with at least 3 years post qualification experience.
- Demonstrable advanced understanding of IFRS/FRS and/or public sector accounting conventions. Understanding and experience of accounting for pension funds, in particular around disclosure of investment assets and reconciling between finance and pensions administration systems.
- Highly developed analytical skills with the ability to present arguments to support and/ or challenge a proposal.
- Effective communication skills including the ability to influence and build good working relationships at all levels both internally and externally. Ability to effectively liaise with team members and delegate aspects of work as required.
- Confidence in handling and interpreting complex numerical data and presenting in a clear and concise manner to assist in the communication of key messages and to facilitate discussions and decision making.
- Deadline driven and high attention to detail
Competitive salary and benefits
"Financial Services, Public Sector, Pension & Investment Accounting, Senior Financial Reporting Accountant"