Payroll Clerk Stone Permanent
Your new company
Headquartered in Stafford, and with offices all over the UK, this business is looking for an energetic, focused candidate to join their growing team.
This business treat all clients as individuals and they tailor their service to their needs. Looking to always provide the best service, the team analyses the performance of a business and advises on how to pre-empt problems, adapting to the constantly changing circumstances and improve value. They assist with advanced planning, enabling owners and managers to enjoy the extra profit. Being proactive rather than reactive, the staff are able to deal with a variety of a matters, as this is a cost-effective way of bringing financial strengths to the business, something which is a particularly attractive proposition for high-growth businesses.
Ideally located in the heart of Stafford this business offer free of charge car parking and they are also perfectly located for public transport access.
Your new role
This is role has become available due to an internal promotion and you will reporting directly to the Payroll Manager who will be able to offer support and guidance. The main purpose of the Payroll Administrator will be to ensure that workers are paid on the right date and receive the correct amount of money. You will be working to strict payment deadlines and key duties will include:
- Processing both weekly and monthly payrolls
- Calculating and issuing pay slips
- Deducting tax and national insurance payments
- Processing holiday and tracking holiday, sickness and maternity pay
- Answering staff and employer queries about timesheets and pay slips
- Issuing P45's and other tax forms
- Pension administration work related to the payroll function i.e. preparing periodic employee payment reports for the purpose of filing with the pension's regulator
- Submitting the pension contributions to the clients pension provider and processing the payments so they are paid on time
- Preparing Council Income & expenditure reports for payroll clients' whose funds we manage
- Assisting with ad hoc projects
- You will also be expected to do general administrative work such as filing, photocopying, scanning and typing letters
- Submitting periodic, mandatory 'RTI- Real time Information' reports to HM Revenue & Customs
- You will be trained to understand the legislation and rules in areas such as tax payment and exemption
- You will also be trained on offering advice on which forms need to be used in different situations, to clients
What you'll need to succeed
What you will need to succeed In order to secure this opportunity you will need:
- Recent and relevant payroll experience
- Good knowledge of HMRC statutory requirements
- High degree of accuracy and an eye for detail
- Prioritise a fast pace workflow and keep to tight deadlines
- Demonstrate initiative and a proactive attitude
- Highly motivated individual with great personable skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.