Deputy Finance Business Partner
This is an excellent short term opportunity to work with one of Bristol's best known and respected public sector organisations.
My client is a large, well known public sector organisation, with offices in Central Bristol.
Analysis, Reporting and Documentation
- To work with colleagues & Managers to take appropriate action to deliver budgeted results and to ensure that the full financial implication of initiatives, including financial risks, are appropriately managed.
- Responsible for the integrity and completeness of the data held in computer systems, and the processes that are involved so the information can be provided and used to assist in decision making or as key statistical information related to performance.
- Preparation of the Division Year-End accounts. Ensuring all expenditure and Income is classified correctly and in line with Accounting Standards. Provide a review of year to year variances and commentary.
Customer Services & Support
- To provide professional advice and recommendations to members of the wider business, relating to any aspect of monthly management accounts/financial plans.
- To work with the internal and external auditors to ensure that a professional service is provided
- Provide training on financial rules and regulations to all areas of the business
- To provide support to project meetings as required by the Head of Finance Business Partnering or Finance Business Partner.
- To deputise for the Finance Business Partner.
Planning & Organising
- Responsible for preparation and timely completion of forecasting against all activity within the Division in monthly completion of the management accounts, including any information in regard to significant or material variances.
- Responsible for completion, review and management of facilities and associated costings (reporting & compliance)
- Responsible for the allocation of the annual budgets on the accounting system, ensuring reasonable phasing using prior knowledge and evidence of spend and income profiles. Timely and regular reviews of expenditure and income to be completed through the year and adjustments to budget phasing made where appropriate in order to improve the accuracy of the wider business' forecasting.
- As required, be a member of relevant internal and external committee/groups, presenting and explaining financial information, dealing with financial issues and influencing decisions making on financial and commercial issues.
- Work closely with other Professional Service functions within the business, to deliver a joined up service to colleagues in a consistent and coordinated manner.
- Build working relationships with other members of the Finance team to identify and develop potential improvements to processes and systems that will improve overall work flow and understanding
- Provide information and analysis as required to help satisfy requests from external and internal auditors
- Responsible for working with and delivering specific reporting requirements related to business activity.
- Provide costings, information and oversee financial administration for financial elements for CDTs/DTPs and other joint business arrangements across multiple partner organisations
Relevant Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrable commitment to excellent customer service
- Developed knowledge of the principles, theory and practice of finance business partnering
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, incorporating creative thinking
- Ability to analyse data, making judgements and decisions, to ensure the correct accounting treatment
- Knowledge of the current Accounting Standards under which the University operates
- Ability to manage a large workload and deliver to tight timescales
- Experience in a similar role providing financial advisory and management reporting services
- Displays strategic thinking
- In depth knowledge of the current Accounting Standards under which the organisation operates
- Experience of contract negotiation
- Experience of working with non-finance staff
- Relevant Qualifications (AAT Qualified, or ACCA / CIMA Part Qualified)
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills, including motivational capabilities.
- A proven ability to work well within a team, and to interact effectively at all levels with a wide range of colleagues and external partners.
- Excellent IT skills, including expert MS Excel level, good MS Word ability, experience of email, databases and presentation packages
In return, my client can offer a competitive hourly rate, dependent on your level of qualification and experience.