European Billing Manager
An exciting opportunity has come about for an experience manager with a legal background to join an international law firm. As the European Billing Manager you will be responsible for establishing relationships in order to gain knowledge about the clients and matters of the departments, following up on all billing matters to ensure they are resolved quickly.
This international US law firm are a well known and very reputable firm.
As the European Billing Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Overall responsibility for the Revenue Lifecycle for the London Office, supporting the Office Manager Partner, the Administrative Director and Director of Billing & Collections
- Ensure compliance of all processes and systems in the Billing Lifecycle against the relevant internal and external regulation and legislation
- Establishing a cyclical routine to billing and WIP management throughout the European Offices
- Production of financial and statistical information for Office Manager Partner, Administrative Director, Director of Billing & Collections and Partners
- Monthly meetings with Office Managing Partner & Administrative Partner
- Ensure compliance to regulatory legislation including VAT, Solicitor's Accounts Rules and Money Laundering regulations
- Regular review and management of internal procedures and controls and regulatory compliance
- Conducting regular meetings with the Billing Assistants on departmental performance to ensure targets are communicated and achieved internally
- Training and developing staff, carrying out appraisals and manage recruitment process on departmental vacancies
- Regular analysis of client/matter information in relation to archiving
- Conducting a regular review of KPIs and arranging meetings with Partners and fee earners to quickly embark of the most appropriate course of action
- Responsible for the timely collection of all invoices in the European offices. Create processes to routinely follow-up with partners and clients to ensure timely payments. Develop ad hoc, partner based collection strategies as needed and escalate difficult collections to partners, managing partners and/or Director of Billing & Collections.
- Manage the e-billing process for local clients and ensure required client information, such as custom client matter numbers, e-billing codes, purchase order numbers are obtained prior to the billing process.
To be considered for the European Billing Manager role you must have the following:
- Several years experience as a Billing Manager within a law firm
- Experienced in using Elite, CMS or similar legal accounting systems
- Knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Knowledge and understanding of e-billing systems
£60,000 - £65,000 + market leading benefits