Media specialist: convert to Mergers & Acquisitions
M&A Assistant Manager
Your new company
One of the largest UK and international firms, our client is regarded as a mid-market champion and offers a full suite of Advisory and Assurance services to its client base. Renowned for their people culture, they have created a unique opportunity within their M&A team.
Your new role
This role is part of a new team within M&A department focusing on the Media, Marketing Services and Marketing Technology sectors.
As an Assistant Manager, you will be involved in supporting less experienced members of the team and be responsible for adding to and maintaining the pipeline of work for M&A and Fundraising in the Media Sector. The internal client pipeline is as yet comparatively untapped so a big part of your initial role will be talking with existing firm clients and promoting M&A as an additional service. It's not often one gets to originate at AM level!
- Identifying and researching potential targets for M&A and Fundraising in the Media Sector
- Working closely with internal marketing and lead generation teams
- Co-ordinating meetings with prospective clients
- Corresponding with prospective clients up until engagement
- Prepare proposals and pitch documents to prospective clients
- Attend new client meetings and pitch meetings
There may be occasional international travel as well, for example to film festivals.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in, knowledge of and a passion for Media sector (inc. Marketing Tech, Digital, Advertising and so on)
- Experience of working within corporate finance is not necessary, but experience in related disciplines would be prioritised
What you'll get in return
A unique opportunity to work in a 21st century M&A team and to prove yourself on origination and business development at a much earlier stage than is usual. This ensure a fast-track trajectory to your CF career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.