Internal Audit and Control Specialist- Public Sector
Prepares internal policies and procedures and aimed at improving the financial and internal control system in the company, as well as check their implementation and compliance in accordance with the approved audit plan
The client is an international network of higher-education institutions, brought together by a shared passion for accessible, industry-relevant qualifications.
They deliver a wide variety of programmes, including bachelor's degree programmes, master's degree programmes, professional training, English Language training, and corporate & executive education, with a network of 78,000 students worldwide.
The client is based in some of the world's biggest cities, with campuses in London, Birmingham and Manchester; across the Atlantic in Toronto, Chicago and Vancouver; and across the globe in places such as Singapore, Germany and Israel.
- Develop policies and procedures, ensure their implementation and monitor compliance
- Conducts regular audits and ongoing reviews of organisation controls, operating procedures, and compliance with policies and regulations.
- Compiles and issues reports detailing conclusions and providing recommendations for improvements.
- Reviews and appraises the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting and financial controls, compliance procedures and controls and timeliness of documentation generation.
- Performs ad-hoc audits and checks at the request from the management team, and provides the reports to the management and the Board
- Educate and train others on internal control and address specific training and development needs to fill control gaps
- Verify compliance with the key control framework and relevant policies by performing internal reviews, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Practical experience in the internal audit / control role (preferably with a public company and/or BIG4)
- ACCA, CIMA qualification or equivalent
- Experience in writing internal policies and procedures and process evaluation and documentation
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills. Detail oriented and ability to work and interpret figures and other financial information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Capable of working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent commercial and financial awareness
- £45-60k salary,
- Central London base.
- Opportunity to report directly to the Chief Financial Officer
- A diverse and inclusive company with a healthy view on work-life balance.
- Opportunity to move within the company into core finance or operations.