Senior Accounts Payable Manager
Responsible for the UK Accounts Payable ledger for the UK business, whilst delivering a first class service.
Your new company
My client is a department of the University of Oxford and has a mission to further the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
Your new role
Manage the UK Accounts Payable team to process and pay supplier invoices, and partner with requisitioners in the business to resolve invoices where the 3 way match (PO-GR-IR) has failed in order that suppliers can be paid to terms.
1. Oversee the payment of supplier invoices, and approve set up of new supplier accounts, and maintenance of existing supplier accounts in the AP ledger.
2. Drive efficiency and productivity by assigning work to team members based on metrics from the vendor invoice management system (VIM) and email query management system (8x8).
3. Build knowledge in UK Accounts Payable team members such that they can assist requisitioners to clear invoices on hold in VIM, completing actions such as retro-PO, GR, price outside tolerance approvals, currency and vendor mismatches.
4. Partner with requisitioners in the business, to resolve invoices on hold in VIM and clear for payment, and actively raise the profile of the UK Accounts Payable team. Meet with key
stakeholders regularly and discuss key performance metrics with them.
5. Commitment to compliance with internal financial controls.
6. Manage the UK Accounts Payable team in accordance with OUP policies and procedures, embedding new processes in working practices and managing change effectively.
7. Report to management on the performance of the team using meaningful metrics, to drive efficiencies and monitor KPI's such as cost per transaction.
8. As a member of the UK Finance leadership team, be responsible for staff issues such as staff meetings and salary reviews, policies and working standards, planning and short term objectives.
What you'll need to succeed
Can remain calm during pressurised times.
Excellent people and workload management skills.
Business partnering and problem solving skills.
Awareness of meaningful metrics to use to manage team resources and to report on team and business performance.
Leading a high performing Accounts Payable team.
Ideally, experience of SAP.
Experience of successfully working with a 3 way match purchase order system.
Issue resolution to support payment of supplier invoices to terms.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary and generous pension scheme.
Career progression opportunities in a Global organisation.
Flexible working patterns.
Central Oxford location.
On site gym facilities with showers.
Subsidised on-site coffee shop and restaurant.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.