Group Financial Reporting Analyst
A superb opportunity for an ambitious and focused part qualified/studier with one of Europe's leading FMCG businesses. Working alongside another group financial reporting accountant and the group reporting manager supporting the monthly close for head office businesses, preparing external reporting, and statutory accounts.
Responsible for running a smooth month end process for several head office entities.
Ensuring the Financial Reporting and control environment is maintained.
Supporting the wider team with quarter end close activities.
Supporting financial systems in administration, process improvement and project work.
Reporting and Accounting:
- Produce the monthly ledgers for certain head office businesses, namely P&L and balance sheet reporting for the entity with relevant support checks and reconciliations
- Reconciliation and agreeing monthly inter-company balances across the Group
- Support the wider team in quarter end activities including posting of consolidation journals, preparation of specified footnotes, reconciliations and workings
- SOX reporting adherence and assisting team in meeting the monthly, quarterly and annual sign off approval
- Timely upload of head office business into BPC in line within reporting timelines
- Maintain monthly exchange rates for the Group
- Assist with the preparation of statutory accounts and assist team with the quarterly and annual external releases to the New York Stock Exchange
- Liaison with internal and external auditors and provide relevant information when required
- Review and improvement of current process for monthly and quarterly reporting
For those with a real aptitude and a keen interest in systems, you will also work closely with the SAP BPC Manager and SAP Systems Manager in supporting in SAP BPC monthly reporting &o other process improvement and projects as required.
You will be:
- Part Qualified (ACCA, ACA, CIMA)
- 2 years industry experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Excel (V-lookups, Pivots)
- Pro-active and self-starter
- Strong intellect and a desire to progress in a career in Accounting is essential
- Strong interest in finance systems and process improvement
- Able to work under time pressure, manage multiple deadlines and prioritise.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Works independently using own initiative
- Ability to build relationships across multiple user site
- FMCG experience
- SAP/BPC systems experience
- Experience with other Financial Reporting systems
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Advanced excel, Macros desirable
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.