Your new company
Hays are currently partnered with a leading independent retail provider who are looking to strengthen. There accounts team due to recent growth within the business.
Your new role
You will work within the finance department providing high quality customer focused service. The role will focus on key transactional data within the general ledger and budgets.
You will further provide support to the finance manager and other members of the finance & operational support team. Ensuring that the team provide a high level of service to budget holders and other stakeholders.
Your main duties will be:
* Calculate and process monthly departmental recharges
* Upload, record and monitor payroll costs
* Prepare and post monthly and ad-hoc journals
* Provide support to budget holders in their understanding and use of their non-pay budgets
* Ensure transactional data used by the management accounts team is accurate and leads to robust forecasting and forward planning.
What you'll need to succeed
* Good standard of secondary education (Level 3), with a minimum of Level 2 numeracy and literacy skills
* Prior work experience in an administration or accounts role
* Ability to obtain relevant vocational qualifications, e.g. NVQ level 3
* Ability to determine work priorities and those of colleagues
* In-depth knowledge of standard IT applications and familiarity with any relevant specialist system
* Experience of working independently and dealing with unforeseen problems and circumstances
* Effective written and verbal communication skills for requesting and providing information with courtesy, tact and effectiveness and to support and influence people.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a highly competitive salary, depending on previous working experience.
Working days are Monday until Friday, annual leave entitlement + statutory bank holidays.
What you need to do now If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career