Legal business, Revenue Controller, long term contract base in the City of London.
Leading law firm in the city of London location wise are looking for a Revenue Controller.
Responsibilities of Revenue Controller
Work In Progress (WIP) Control:
- Conduct regular meetings with Partners to ascertain when transactions will complete, the levels of fees expected, and the anticipated bill date and client billing requirements - taking any action required to facilitate the billing process
- Establish strong working relationships with Partners, fee-earner and secretaries.
- Monitor and reduce aged WIP, in line with the lock up day budget
- Action requests from Partners for information - e.g. reporting on fee levels to specific clients over a period of time
- Ensure all possible steps are taken to assist the Department in achieving their monthly and annual billing targets
- Constant monitoring of WIP, billing and activity levels, to include arranging and attending meetings with the Departmental Managers/ Practice Managers to discuss
- Liaise closely with the billing team ensuring that all details correspond with Partners' and client instructions
- Liaise with Partners and the UK Revenue Manager with regard to special billing arrangements
- Where required, prepare detailed schedules of hours recorded to submit with bills
- Set up and monitor clients who require e-billing. Ensure correct procedures are followed so that invoices are accepted via e-billing
- Working late at month end to assist with billing
Working Together Matters
- Liaising with other offices about working together matters
- Monitoring new working together matters for known inter-office issues and alerting the UK and Middle East fee earners to these
- Assisting and liaising with the team in Warsaw with preparation of monthly reporting
- Dealing with and resolving invoicing issues from other offices
- Chase Departmental missing and uncompleted time, and deal with time recording queries from fee earners and secretaries
- Meet with the UK Revenue Manager to discuss the current position and anticipated progress within the relevant Department, as and when required
- Liaise with the relevant Credit Controller for each Department
- Provide general assistance to the UK Revenue Manager with ad hoc project work, as and when required
- Comply with the firm's policies and any other legal obligations, and effectively manage risks to the firm where those risks relate to this role
The successful candidate must have worked in the Legal industry before and be able to Commute to the city of London location wise with ease.
£35k 1 year+ contract