• Accountable for the effective and efficient delivery of the SAAF Education Finance Division in line with contractual obligations and the company growth plans
• Support company partners in embedding a culture of exemplary customer service, and in achieving the company's corporate objectives
• Work with the company partners in setting in place good working practices including improved systems and processes
• Accountable for the identification and implementation of timely solutions that ensure products and services are competitive
• Day to day management of both the finance technical and delivery teams including providing an excellent finance consultancy provision
• Identify wider opportunities for new business to business growth
• Lead the whole finance team in supporting schools and academies with financial support services, including the development and delivery of bespoke training for colleagues and the in-house financial / technical helpdesk.
• Implement and monitor effective line management that supports individual professional development from within the team and ensure team performance indicators are achieved in line with corporate objectives.
• Accountable for the improvement of accounting systems and processes to further advance the services offered to clients.
• Responsible for system development to ensure the finance processes and systems meet operational and strategic requirements both in finance and payroll functions.
• Oversight and coordination for allocation of work within the finance team, ensuring provision of cover to meet service needs and priorities.
• Support clients in the capacity of CFO, with oversight of the strategic management of client funding, supporting in medium term decision making, VfM, budget setting, forecasting and year end preparation.
• Report financial decisions at client board meetings, with confidence and assertion and respond to difficult technical questions professionally and accurately.
• Support clients with year-end accounting functions including accruals, prepayments and deferred income, external audit schedules, such as income reconciliations, lease schedules, fixed asset register etc in preparation for producing financial statements and external audit.
• Oversee the provision of an excellent service delivery for clients, including budget setting, in-year reforecasting and medium financial planning, month end processes, including VAT submissions, bank, payroll and other month end reconciliations.
• Oversee the client Internal Audit function giving consideration to the Accounts Direction and IIA Standards as per client requirements.
• Recruitment and selection, training and development of staff You will be a qualified accountant (CIMA/ ACCA/ ACA Qualified or equivalent) with proven experience of working in a customer facing environment either within services or education. You will have the ability to manage staff of all personalities and skills backgrounds, with exceptional customer service skills. You will have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, as well as having an excellent attention to detail and excellent analytical skills. You will be innovative, with problem solving, influencing, questioning and listening skills, and the ability to review and troubleshoot. You will have well developed communication skills with the ability to build professional relationships. It is a really exciting time to be joining SAAF Education to be a key part of the continued growth and success and support their national expansion. You will be joining a business with a culture underpinned by high quality and timely support. In return you will be offered: A competitive salary Annual discretionary profit share (up to 5% of salary) 3% pension contribution 24 days holiday rising to 30 with service Flexible working conditions If this sounds like the opportunity you are looking for, then please apply now for immediate consideration. Please note SF Recruitment are fully retained by SAAF Education to deliver this search. Any direct or 3rd party applications to SAAF Education will be forwarded on to SF Recruitment.