Group Financial Accountant
This exceptional position will liaise with senior management, including the Group Finance Director and Group Financial Controller, as well as senior finance managers across the six regional businesses in which the group operates.
This role is an excellent fit for someone looking to make their first move into industry, joining a strong team with many opportunities to progress both within group finance team or in other parts of the business.
Our client is a global company with an exceptional brand that has grown year on year constantly and provides a unique opportunity for a Newly Qualified Accountant coming from any of the Big 4.
- Key role in the preparation of half year and full year consolidated accounts and related analysis packs for senior management
- Key role in the preparation of monthly consolidation including review and resolution of queries
- Own the preparation of UK statutory accounts and tracking of overseas statutory accounts status
- Prepare quarterly financial statements for bank reporting purposes
- Prepare balance sheet and related analyses, including covenant ratios and debtors days
- Review of business actual, forecast and budget cash flow and balance sheet submissions
- Review and resolution of inter-company mismatches
- Member of the internal audit team on one or two assignments a year across the group
- Liaison with external auditors
- Develop guidance for impact of new accounting standards
- Prepare annual impairment models relating to intangible assets and other assets
- Participate in projects
- A qualified accountant (CA/ACA or equivalent)
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels across the Group, particularly with senior and executive management
- High levels of drive and initiative with the ability to problem solve and think analytically
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with Oracle HFM would be an advantage
- Good organisational skills including the ability to identify deadlines and prioritise work
Our client provides an exceptional package for a newly qualified accountant that includes a bonus and a car allowance.