This is no standard accounting role.
You’re no standard accountant.
Often in the public eye, the Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR) is a growing, rapidly-evolving public corporation. Essentially, we’re responsible for shaping and delivering the regulation of nuclear safety and security across the UK. To be at our most effective, our Finance Directorate has to perform at its best. That means we need an Accountant who’ll thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy expanding their skills and knowledge.
In this brand-new role, you’ll build our Finance Directorate’s capability with your proven expertise.
- Providing accurate and consistent information, you’ll help us
- Monitor cash flow, assess the tax implications of policies and
- Understand the financial side of project business cases. You’ll also see that we
- Comply with policies, standards, Corporation Tax, PAYE and VAT
- Advise all kinds of stakeholders and explain the finer points of finance.
- Shape accounting policies and drive forward initiatives
It’s a remit that goes beyond the standard accounting and gives you exposure to a range of areas. If you’re looking for a varied role that offers a breadth of experience, there could be a home for you within our expert team.
- CCAB-qualified (or an experienced finalist), you’ll have tried and tested skills
- Used to working with financial accounting reporting systems including Oracle
- An advanced Microsoft Office user (particularly Excel and Word).
- Able to translate complex financial data into clear management information.
- Driven and full of initiative, love working at a pace
With these talents, you’ll be ready to make an impact, right from your very first day. And you’ll be looking forward to dealing with different people and learning how we work. It all adds up to a varied role – and that’s exactly what you want..
You’ll be eligible for a substantial Civil Service Pension scheme (including ill-health retirement and lump sum family benefits). Plus, you’ll receive a generous holiday entitlement.
ONR is a Public Corporation with a Mission to ensure the highest standards of safety and security across all of the UK’s licensed nuclear sites. Our staff are drawn from a wider range of professional backgrounds in order to run a stand-alone business with specialist inspectors to deliver our core business including civil engineering, radiological protection, human factors, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering and nuclear physics. And together they’re involved in everything from assessing safety cases, inspecting nuclear sites, communicating our decisions, training new recruits and representing the UK and ONR within the wider International nuclear community.