Graduate Apprentice Cloud Accountant – Norwich
- The job role requires the accurate and efficient processing of client accounting information using cloud based accounting software. This will include communication with both clients and colleagues to manage the flow of financial information.
- The role holder will form part of our cloud accounting team and will normally be supervised, by both other members of the team as well as management. As capability and experience are expected to grow quickly, it is expected that the role holder will be able to work more autonomously
- Liaising with clients on a regular basis.
- Maintaining the books and records of client’s and producing accounts up to a trial balance position.
- Demonstrates a full competence in and understanding of, the principles of double entry book-keeping through a high standard of posting and reconciliation work.
- Has proven IT capability, using relevant accounting software correctly and effectively.
- Demonstrates ability to adhere to required job procedures: i.e. follows instructions from his/her supervisor and drafts work to required compliance and presentation standards.
- Is organised and is able to concentrate and work quickly and adhere to reporting deadlines.
- Ensures assignments and duties are completed to required time guidelines given by supervisor.
- Takes instructions from supervisor, pays attention and retains guidance given.
- Works with minimum supervision but keeps supervisor informed of work progress.
- Checks own work thoroughly before passing on to his/her supervisor.
- Seeks help and support with queries and more complex tasks.
- Shows keenness to learn new skills from more experienced colleagues.
- Asks good, intelligent questions, checking and demonstrating understanding.
- Refers matters beyond current experience/capability level to others.
- Can be relied upon to talk to both clients and colleagues professionally.
- Demonstrating the maturity and professionalism expected in client relations
- A professional representative of the firm.
- Good telephone manner, email communication skills, and customer service levels.
- Excellent IT skills, knowledge of cloud-based accountancy software a significant advantage.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Confident, articulate and able to communicate with all levels (externally and internally).
- Enthusiastic and keen to learn.
- Open to guidance and instruction.
- A team player with a flexible approach and a proactive attitude.
- Organiser: think ahead, effective planner and ensuring multiple deadlines are met
- CIMA study support (upon successful completion of probation period)
- Smart Working
- A relaxed and professional environment
- Social Activities/Charitable Events
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
- 20 days Holiday (ability to purchase up to 5 extra days annually under our flexible benefits scheme)
- Life Assurance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Retail Discounts as part of UK 200 Group