Group Assistant Accountant
We truly believe it’s the people that make Just Eat the great company it is. We have an incredibly open culture. We’re about making everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things.
The role of the Group Assistant Accountant is to provide support to the Group Finance Manager.
The Finance team has to help the business grow and achieve its goals. We partner across the business with new initiatives, from sales to technology, in order to support growth in all areas.
Our role is to take into account every aspect of the company combined, to make sure we’re financially sound and heading in the right direction. With the rate at which our business is growing, life in the finance department is never dull. Every day is different and provides a different challenge, we are still a young company and seeking to make significant improvements to our controls and processes, often these will need to be designed from scratch; there’s a lot of room to prove yourself and to progress.
Could you do this?
1. Perform Month End processing tasks including:
- Production of month end cost centre reports and schedules
- Review Intercompany transactions and investigate differences
- Month-end journal processing
- Monitoring and correcting allocation of costs between Just-Eat Holdings and Just-Eat Plc
- Assisting with reviewing Month end results variances
2. Maintaining Balance sheet reconciliations for Group Holdings:
- Completion of schedules for all Group Holdings balance sheet accounts
- Investigate any balance sheet variances in a timely manner
- Maintaining backup for balance sheet reconciliations
- Capitalising of costs
- Review Fixed assets and ensure assets are capitalised in accordance with Group Policy
3. Assist with production of reports for monthly departmental reviews, budgets and forecasts.
4. Assisting with preparation of full annual and half year audit.
5.Production of ad hoc reports and information requests when required.
Required skills and experience
- Graduate with strong academic track record
- ACCA or CIMA studier
- A team player keen to work with the wider business and the rest of Finance
- The ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Good communication skills, both face to face and written
- A high level of attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, with a passion to succeed
- Excellent IT skills and literacy