Reporting to the Managing Director, this is a fantastic opportunity to work for our client based in Stroud, an SME and manufacturing business who are looking for a proactive and driven Financial Controller to deliver financial rigour, support decision making and information in line with the needs and requirements of the business.
This role will play a key part in ensuring robust controls and processes are implemented as well as contributing to Board meetings.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts, liaising with MD in preparation of monthly commentary to the shareholders & bankers
- Preparing Statutory accounts and reporting into group
- Monthly Payroll processing and Pension administration
- Transactional accounting
- Managing 1 member of staff
- Weekly Cash Flow Projections
- Preparation of annual Company budgets and forecasts
- R & D tax credit preparation & submission
- Maintenance of all Company Insurances, capital spend, leasing, contracts management
- Overseeing IT infrastructure, telephone systems and maintenance agreements
- Negotiating with utility suppliers for contract supply arrangements
- Liaise with Bank re transfers of monies, letters of credits and bank guarantees
- Price modelling - valid pricing structures for various departments
- Active participant in strategic management and direction of the business
This is a varied, extremely hands on role which requires confidence, a collaborative working style, flexibility, enthusiasm and a background in the engineering sector would be an advantage. Due to the nature of the role a CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualification is required to be held. Prior experience in a similar or finance role, with developed skills in Excel and Sage and M3 is preferred.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.