Purchase Ledger Clerk
One of the countries leading Transport organisations based in the heart of Milton Keynes! A number of new projects have created the need to expand their Purchase Ledger function.
Our client are one of the countries leading transport organisations based in the heart of Milton Keynes. They are at the heart of the UKs transport transformation plans and one of the most exciting businesses in the Milton Keynes area.
Purchase Ledger Clerk Responsibilities:
- Sole charge of the Purchase Ledger function
- Monitor daily purchase information on the financial system to ensure that data is correct for reporting by the Financial Controller.
- Check and record receipt of all Accounts Payable paperwork prior to the processing of data and reporting all anomalies outside the company's tolerance levels to the relevant managers immediately.
- Ensure all purchase invoices are approved & authorised in accordance with company's policy.
- Deal with queries from clients and business managers or progress to line manager within 24 hours
- Adhere to agreed processes and controls, ensuring compliance with best practice.
- Carry out all other associated accounts payable tasks that may arise from time to time.
- Prepare, manage and process the payment run of Accounts Payable invoices for approval.
- Using information from the purchase ledger to provide FC with expected weekly expenditure for cashflow purposes.
- Month end analysis, including prepayments.
- Any ad-hoc tasks given by the Financial Controller
Purchase Ledger Clerk Requirements:
- MUST have previous Purchase Ledger experience (ideally in a stand alone / sole charge role)
- MUST have strong reconciliation skills
- Will have experience using Excel (SUM, IF, basic v look ups would be advantageous)
- Sage 200 experience would he highly desirable, but not essential
- Will be looking to for a hard working but very friendly environment
Whats on offer?
- Attractive salary
- Flexible hours
- 25 days holiday
- Long term progression
- Fantastic benefits