Controls and Risk Manager
Controls and Risk Manager
Your new role
The role of the Controls and Risk Manager is to lead and manage a team of financial control professionals which will provide TfL with an independent assurance facility over key financial risks, controls and processes in order to aid accuracy and completeness. This role will be required to work on the development and implementation of a TfL Controls Framework that will deliver an enhanced control environment across the whole of TfL in line with the CFO's Assurance programme.
What you'll need to succeed
Relevant qualification at degree level or higher or equivalent experience essential. Substantial exposure to Sarbanes-Oxley compliance for SEC with US listed organisations and/or exposure to UK Corporate Governance Code/Turnbull Report compliance for UK listed organisations Substantial experience of managing cross functional change programmes. Broad knowledge of all TfL Business Units and finance capability and capacity Broad knowledge of best practice for Financial Controls in the Commercial and Public sector, together with 'lines of defence' Controls models. A good awareness of the wider financial interactions / dynamics and the end to end business planning process.
- Skilled in planning complex programmes and delivering results, working with internal and external delivery partners to agree programmes of work to deliver valuable outcomes.
- Able to compile risk maps for complete business processes
- Ability to compile detailed process flowcharts across multifunctional areas
- Compile Risk and control Matrices (RACM)
- Construct Control and Governance Framework structures from scratch
- Excellent leadership skills and used to working across organisations in order to inspire change and cooperative working.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and capable of working and thinking laterally. Must be able to remain calm in high-pressure situations and drive and deliver change in a complex organisation, influencing and negotiating at a high level when required.
- Highly skilled at managing and influencing in a 'matrix' organisation, where staff working within the team are line managed elsewhere in the organisation, and may be part of a virtual team arrangement.
- Excellent political, networking and advocacy skills with experience of networking and influencing at a senior level across a range of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly skilled at presenting complex decisions in concise and easily accessible formats to senior level boards and sponsors. Highlighting key risks, assumptions and possible outcomes.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.