INTERIM FINANCIAL CONTROLLER JOB IN HIGH WYCOMBE
This is an interim job with a quick start - could you potentially start work next week?
Your new company
My client based in Beaconsfield operate a customer focused foreign exchange service designed to save customers money compared to traditional banks. The company is backed by PE investment, acquiring the business in May 2018 and who invest and collaborate with business management to deliver acquisitive, ambitious, high-growth plans.
Your new role
- Responsibility for the delivery of periodic business reporting for several divisions and work with Group Financial Controller continuing to evolve the control environment as the number and complexity of acquisitions increases;
- Production of divisional management accounts reporting against budget, last year and investment case with commentary on key highlights and trends;
- Continue to develop framework for consistent timely delivery of divisional reporting into group Board pack;
- Optimise use of recently installed Sage 200 accounts package, develop smart reporting tools and solutions to automate processes and reduce reliance on information held outside accounts system;
- Manage three experienced, knowledgeable finance assistants and evolve their current heavily manual but effective reconciliation work by becoming the finance lead on a number of transformational IT projects. This will act to upskill the team and enable their greater involvement in wider finance work as the group grows;
- In conjunction with external IT supplier help finance assistants to continue evolution of transactional reporting to track cash balances at all times, from initial client receipt, payment of converted foreign currency funds to beneficiaries and calculation of company profit;
- Multi-currency cash management, forecasting and reporting encompassing client, FX, safeguarding and business accounts across the group;
- Work with IT on a variety of projects to develop, streamline and update processes in readiness for the company to cater for greater business volumes derived through organic growth and acquisitions;
- Participate in Power BI project, an MI reporting tool being introduced into the business imminently.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be a fully qualified accountant ideally with a financial services or banking background and of course, available at short notice.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.