Senior Internal Auditor - FTSE 100 Telecoms Business
Conduct complex operational and financial audits, whilst applying first-rate interpersonal skills. This requires a blend of diverse technical skills and the ability to implement a wide range of audit techniques.
Our client's purpose is to use the power of communication to make a better world. They constantly strive to connect people and bring us closer together. Globally, their teams have enabled people across 180 countries to create, collaborate and communicate better than ever.
The internal audit team is in the unique position of getting truly under the skin of a fast-paced, ever-changing, global technology business. The variety, scale and geographic diversity of the client's audit coverage is unique. They deliver independent and objective assurance to senior management and the Board, providing business-critical advice as to the adequacy and effectiveness of key controls and risk management. All of the company's internal auditors are known for delivering high quality, reliable advice to clients and colleagues. The team has an enviable track-record of promotions within the division and to other roles across the company.
The client is hungry for new ideas, skills and experience. That's where you come in...
- Plan, perform and report audits on a risk assessed basis acting either as lead auditor or in support of others.
- Act as an expert in one or more key business areas, providing business insight to the team and clients on specified business processes, strategic imperatives and enterprise threatening risks.
- Lead on audits and overseeing the work of others, providing technical advice and coaching.
- Track audit recommendations to ensure implementation is achieved and that the remediation is effective.
- Understand and deploy a risk based approach to maintaining the audit universe and actively contributing to the annual plan build exercise.
- Support senior audit management in ongoing client account management.
- Keep up-to-date with external developments and business insight of specified business operations, strategic imperatives and business risks.
The successful candidate must have on their CV:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA), but will consider CMIIA with strong internal audit skills/experience.
- Extensive experience of internal auditing within a complex business.
- Experience of working with 1st or 2nd line of defence teams on group risk management.
- Strong understanding of risk and control management frameworks and able to demonstrate effective project management skills.
- Confident user of data analytics to analyse data and draw conclusions.
- Works autonomously within designated work areas, seeking assistance where necessary.
- Business insight of specified business operations, strategic imperatives and business risks.
- £45-60k salary.
- City of London base.
- Opportunity for 20% overseas travel.
- Opportunity to work in a FTSE 100 company.
- A people first organisation with a healthy view on work-life balance.
- Strong track-record of promotions within the division and across the company.
- Opportunity to move within the company into core finance or operations.