Assistant Management Accountant
Assistant Management Accountant Temporary Contract Wilmslow
An excellent opportunity has arisen with a leading science & technology business who have just moved to brand new offices in Wilmslow. This company have just invested heavily in the business to support future growth. They offer a state of the art work environment with opportunities for career progression.
The Assistant Management Accountant role is initially a 6 month contract with the opportunity to be extended.
You will be working closely with the Finance Manager with key responsibilities including:
Prepare monthly management accounts for all subsidiaries within the group for review by Finance Manager.
* Reconcile, maintain and post all relevant journals relating to supporting balance sheet control accounts including accruals, prepayments, fixed asset register and inter-company balances.
* Ensure all payments and receipts are posted on a daily basis and prepare all monthly bank account reconciliations.
* Prepare monthly VAT returns for review by Finance Manager in line with HMRC deadlines.
* Prepare monthly payroll spreadsheet for submission to payroll bureau, post journal from payroll summary produced by the bureau to relevant cost centres & control accounts. Calculate and submit payment for PAYE liability.
* To be responsible for the day to day administration of various employee benefits schemes such as pension, bike to work and childcare vouchers etc.
* Process all supplier payments, either by bank transfer or cheque.
* Raise sales ledger invoices as required.
* Assist in the preparation of year end accounts for annual audit.
* Ensure that all purchase invoices are matched with purchase orders and any other relevant documentation, coded and posted to the purchase ledger, In a timely manner consistent with month end deadlines.
* Prepare a list of recommended supplier payments for review/authorisation by Finance Manager.
* Reconcile all supplier account statements, liaising with suppliers to resolve any queries on a monthly basis.
In order to apply for this role you should:
Be AAT Qualified/ACCA/CIMA Part qualified or qualified by experience
Have previous experience of preparing monthly management accounts
Be available to consider a temporary contract initially
Opportunity to join fast growing company
State of the art office environment