This role is a finance analyst for a well respected financial services organisation in Cardiff city centre. You will be responsible for providing accurate reports to Business Partners and Stakeholders.
My client is a a leader in financial services industry in the heart of Cardiff. They are looking for a candidate with good analytical and problem solving skills and with an ability to identify process improvement opportunities. A candidate who can clarify objectives, aims and timescales to deliver the required outcome and who can build and develop strong relationships with peers and the leadership team.
As Finance Analyst you will be responsible for -
Contribute to the accurate and timely preparation of the monthly financial / management accounts, related revenue, balance sheet, tax or other regulatory returns.
Assist and deliver analytical support and management information.
Prepare, submit, review and approve journals for posting to the accounting system as part of statutory financial or regulatory reporting.
Responsible for financial reconciliations, including the investigation and clearance of outstanding items, ensuring the reasons for reconciling items are clearly and concisely explained.
Adhere to robust financial controls in compliance with Group Standards, statutory and regulatory requirements and the risk and control framework.
Maintain procedure notes, ensuring they are up to date and fit for purpose.
Assist internal or external auditors as and when required.
The successful candidate will:
- Be part qualified looking to completing a recognised professional accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA)
- Have at least 2 years relevant experience within a Finance or investment environment.
- Practical experience of accounting and/or banking/book keeping procedures Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Oracle / SAP experience (desirable)
- Be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the business and prepared to actively participate in meetings.
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team, while planning and prioritising tasks.
If successful you will have a wide range of benefits including:
- A competitive salary and a generous pension scheme
- Life assurance,
- Discretionary performance related bonuses
- Paid overtime
- Discounts on a huge range of high street stores