Interim Bookkeeper - Part Time
Your new organisation
Our client is a public-sector organisation based just outside of Newport. They are looking to recruit a part time Interim Bookkeeper on an initial 12 month placement.
Your new role
Working just outside of Newport you will be responsible for the preparation and monitoring of the organisation's accounts. In your new role your duties will be:
- To prepare the budget.
- To monitor income and expenditure on a regular basis and prepare monthly reports for the Policy and Finance Committee to ensure adequate budgetary control.
- To open and close the accounts for the financial year.
- To prepare books for audit and to liaise with the appointed Internal Auditor in accordance with the Account and Audit Regulations.
- To review accounting procedures and financial regulations and report to committee.
- To work with the Finance Manager on all aspects of regulatory control.
- To assist with preparing and reviewing strategic risk assessments.
- To prepare financial reports for as required.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified/QBE accountant with experience of preparing budgets, reviewing accounting procedure and liaising with internal auditors. Local council exposure would be desirable.
What you'll get in return
You will work for an organisation that improves the quality of the local community. You'll receive up to £21.24 p/h (inclusive of holiday pay) working 1 day (7.5 hours) a week on an initial 12 month placement.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Adam Brooks now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.