Progressive permanent position with lots of exposure | Hotel | Marble Arch | £25,000- £33,000
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE A PROGRESSIVE ATTITUDE AND ARE WILLING TO PICK UP NEW SKILLS WITHIN FINANCE
Your new company
this globally recognised hotel brand is located in the heart of London right by Marble Arch station. The hotel owns properties in 13 different countries where celebrities have been known to stay and support this well known brand. The role sits within a small but diverse Group Finance function of eight. The main purpose of the role is to support the Corporate Accountant in providing an accounting service for the Group's 'Corporate' companies.
Your new role
(You do not have to have experience with all of these areas to be considered for the role):
1. Month End Close
- Bank reconciliation, invoices posting & journal preparation and posting [FX revaluation, accruals, payroll, loan interest, depreciation, IFRS/UKGAAP adjustments] via Microsoft Dynamics.
- Working with a 3rd party provider to deliver monthly reporting for the Group's commercial property business in the US.
- Run reports to consolidate the management accounts for the Group's commercial property business.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Routine correspondence with the Parent company regarding payments for ex-patriates, Directors & management fees.
- Collating information for the Group's auditors & addressing any questions raised.
- Use the Group's on-line banking tool to pay invoices and to make other ad-hoc payments.
- Quarterly payments on account in respect of both UK & US corportion tax.
- Arrange to have the due date of inter-company loans extended as part of the year end process.
- Monthly bank report.
- Daily sales report for hotels.
- Bi annual Group loans schedule.
- Quarterly schedule of cash repatriations to the ultimate Parent company.
- Assisting with the preparation of some notes for the UK statutory accounts
- Quarterly VAT report.
4. Company Secretary
- Office For National Statistics returns.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation for all procedures.
- Provide quarterly information to the US hotel team to help them to prepare federal statistical returns.
- Filing/record keeping.
What you'll need to succeed
You will gain a great deal of exposure and as long as you are happy to learn and develop your skill set with a can do attitude you will have the opportunity to learn a great deal. You only need to have 1-2 years experience in finance but you will be able to learn so much depending on the route you want to take. For example, the head of finance is happy to let you get involved with management accounting/ taxation/ statutory accounting etc based on your personal interests of development.
What you'll get in return
As already mentioned this is a great opportunity as you will be working within a very friendly team who are keen to provide support to switch on and enthusiastic finance candidate. This is a permanent opportunity with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.