Accounts Payable Clerk
My client is looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk, to take the lead on the Accounts Payable process within the Accountancy team, based in London.
My client is one of the oldest, largest and most respected cultural exchange organisations in the world. Operating internationally from 5 different countries, they organise cultural exchange programs for more than 50,000 participants each year to programmes in 29 different countries.
This role will be based in their London office.
The Accounts Payable Specialist role involves:
- Processing expenses via paper form and Concur (online expense system)
- Reconciliation of staff Fairfx/Amex card transactions
Polish Office Support
- Agent commissions and other payments via Citibank Handlowy
- Applicant refunds via Citibank/Dotpay (online credit card)
- Analysis of legal/professional/building maintenance/cleaning & miscellaneous expenses
- Reconciliation of DotPay & Citibank Handlowy
- Attendee and VAT analysis of staff entertaining
Cyril Taylor Charitable Foundation
- Book keeping entries
- Bank payments
- Quarterly reconciliations of petty cash for High School/Administration/College
- Preparing documentation for restoring petty cash balances
- Assist the Finance team with year end reporting
- Cash in safe count and reconciliation
- Prepare bank reconciliations with supporting documentation
- Cover for Accountant/Purchase Ledger Controller
- Entering manual payments to Great Plains
- Standard returns for National Statistics
- Liaise with other staff; departments; banks; and suppliers as required
The successful Accounts Payable Clerk will be/have:
An enthusiastic, dynamic individual is sought with at least two years experience gained from working in an accounting department, having gained good experience working as a team.
A working knowledge of the purchase ledger is desirable
A sound knowledge of expense processing including VAT
A theoretical knowledge of double entry book keeping would be an advantage, but not essential.
Good IT skills and must be proficient in Excel.
Exposure to Great Plains/Barclays Online/Citibank and Concur would be a distinct advantage
Experience of multi-currency operations is desirable, but not essential
Good communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively liaise with colleagues at all levels
The benefits package for this role is excellent:
- 22 days holiday (Increasing to 26 days p.a. after 5 years service)
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Disability insurance
- Free lunches provided at the staff canteen.
- Interest free season ticket loan.
- Company pension (after 3 months service). Employer's contribution 5% of basic salary. Employee is required to pay 4%.;
- Free annual health assessment (after 6 months service)
- Discretionary annual bonus, (1 month salary pro rata), dependent on start date, performance of the individual and company.
- Tailored study package available.