Senior Financial Controller - Investments and Treasury
Reporting into the Head of Financial Control, the Senior Financial Controller - Investment and Treasury; aims to deliver a high quality, efficient finance and accountancy service to the organisation and its customers. The role encompasses day to day management of all investments processes. This includes principle responsibility for investment accounting for Pension Funds.
LPP is a London based pension service provider for LGPS and other public sector pension funds. They aim to help clients reduce pension deficits, improve investment returns and lower costs through our core service.
LPP was formed in 2016 through a collaboration between Lancashire County Council and the London Pensions Fund Authority. Today they manage £17.4bn of pension assets for our investors, and provide pensions administration services to more than 600,000 members across LGPS, Police and Firefighters pension schemes.
- Full responsibility of investment accounting for LPFA. Review monthly reconciliations between investment manager and custodian. Supervise and review posting of investment information to accounting system and liaise with Bank of New York as necessary.
- Responsibility to ensure that all transactions are accounted for properly in terms of the double entry and correct postings to the ledgers. Ensure appropriate classification and mapping into reporting templates.
- Support business partnering service for the Investments business.
- Lead responsibility for the provision of timely and accurate investment fee invoicing to customers and inter-company recharges.
- Responsible for carrying out a detailed analysis of investment manager costs and prepare information for reporting in line with local government transparency requirements. Ensure investment manager fees are recorded in the correct entity and recharges are carried out on a timely basis.
- Track the benefits from investment cost savings negotiated by the investment team.
- Deputise for the Head of Financial Control on the Fair Value Pricing Committee.
- Collaborate with the Head of Financial control in the proactive management of internal and external auditors. Making sure the audit timetables are adhered to, key deadlines are met and audit queries are dealt with promptly and in line with best practice.
- Ensure adherence to Finance procedures, processes and controls. Make sure, periodically review and update Finance process. Report on compliance with financial processes and controls and highlight any areas of risk to the Head of Financial Control.
- Be the interface between Risk and Finance for the completion of the FCA Returns and ICAAP production. Take the lead on harmonising Finance Regulatory forecasting with the output from the Risk team
- Responsibility for Treasury Management whilst ensuring appropriate banking and treasury controls and procedures are in place.
- Qualified accountant, CCAB or equivalent qualification with finance leadership experience
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of accounting for investment funds including ledger management, accounts production and required disclosures.
- Understanding and experience of accounting investment portfolios including: derivatives, private equity, direct property and other pooled structures would be desirable.
Thorough understanding of financial systems and controls surrounding investments.
Knowledge/experience of accounting/auditing for Pension Schemes would be desirable
- Demonstrable experience of coordinating day to day staff workloads. Conduct effective performance management including development of Finance team members against learning and development plans.
- Thorough understanding of financial systems and controls surrounding investments.
- Knowledge/experience of accounting/auditing for Pension Schemes would be desirable.
- Highly developed analytical skills with the ability to present arguments to support and/ or challenge a proposal.
Competitive salary - £85,000 - £90,000
Senior Financial Controller - Investments and Treasury, London, Financial Services, Public Sector