Head of Finance
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Finance / Financial Controller is a critical role to support the business in its future growth.
My client is a very well established market leader within its niche field. They are a small group of companies with an international presence, and an excellent track record of cultivating and growing strong relationships.
This role as Financial Controller / Head of Finance will require you to be bother a key part of the senior leadership team supporting the CEO and the development of business strategy, alongside the need as within all SME businesses to be hands on in a financial capacity, managing a small team.
The role will include:
- Preparation of management and financial accounts including the consolidation of overseas subsidiary accounts
- Leading and developing the team of 6 across finance and administration.
- Supporting the implementation of the new ERP system and ensuring that it is used efficiently and to capacity.
- Provision of commentary and analysis on key clients and products
- Forecasting and budget preparation
- Development and reporting of KPIs
- Consolidation of the consolidated statutory accounts
- Maintaining and negotiating business, creditor and insurance renewals
- Target setting for team members
A vital element of the role is the management of multi-currency purchases and sales and the management of the treasury function, including the proactive protection against foreign currency exposure.
As mentioned above, an affinity with IT will also be important as you will play a key role in the development and effective utilisation of the new ERP system (Navision)
The ideal candidate for the Head of Finance / Financial Controller position will be an experienced leader of finance teams, and will be fully qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
Ideally you should ave experience of supporting a high growth business and of the implementation and development of robust controls and processes
Strong Systems skills are key, ideally with exposure to Navision
You must also be able to re-act quickly to changing trading environments, as is the case with most nimble SME companies.
- Basic salary of £60-70,000+
- Healthcare (25 days rising to 30)