This role is working for a prestigious company based in Enfield who are in the FMCG industry. The role will enable an experienced finance candidate to grow and progress, whilst supervising a team of 4 and working closely with the CFO on all finance related matters.
The company are the UK's largest retailer in their specialism and they work nationwide, due to rapid expansion, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced Financial Controller to join their Head Office in Enfield. This is an excellent opportunity to join an impressive business that offers genuine stability and a friendly working environment.
- Monthly management reporting, P&L, Balance Sheet, financial and margin analysis
- Monthly control account reconciliation and analysis
- Assisting the CFO with PLC reporting requirements
- Liaise with auditors, broker and PR company as required
- Analysing new shop opening costs
- Preparing year end accounts and reporting to auditors
- Working with the warehouse on International stock ordering and stock control and analysis
- Pricing analysis and recommendations on pricing
- Producing business plans for franchisees and liaising with banks
- Supervision of finance staff
- Undertaking VAT returns for all group associated companies
- Analysis of group sales on a weekly basis
- Setting up systems and documents for the smooth running of shop operations
- Ad hoc project work.
The ideal Financial Controller will:
- Be a Part Qualified Accountant (ACA,CIMA, ACCA or equivalent or QBE)
- Have excellent Excel Spreadsheet skills
- Have the ability to adapt and work in a dynamic and fast growing business
- Have strong commercial acumen with strong communication skills
- Have experience working in a finance function at all levels
- Have strong organisational skills
- Be hands on and be prepared to "role up their sleeves"
- Be experienced in managing & motivating staff
An extremely competitive salary alongside other benefits in a stable and friendly company. Great progression prospects are available for the financial controller due to the company's continued growth - this really is a great opportunity for an experienced financial controller.