Our client is seeking an Accounts Assistant to join their Finance team based in Oxford with the opportunity for future training and career development.
Our client is a well established national company with offices in Oxford, known for providing a high level service to a wide variety of clients. They have large offices just outside Oxford city centre and are looking to hire a long term employee for their business. They are looking to invest and train up an individual to take on a more senior role longer term.
The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for a wide variety of duties including:
- Manage and process all aspects of the bookkeeping requirements for a portfolio of clients. This will include raising and sending demands as required, processing supplier invoices, including allocation of correct VAT coding, and some monthly reporting.
- Follow compliance procedures in relation to invoice approval and bank account payment authorisation limits
- Bank reconciliations and VAT returns.
- Organising payments to suppliers when required, and monitoring cash flow requirements
- Liaise with managers across the country, dealing with any queries, maintaining a polite and professional manner at all times.
- Review outstanding sales invoices and pursue debtors when required.
- Collate payroll information and send to the central offices for processing, and arrange payment when information returned.
- In addition to the tasks described above, you may be expected to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time.
The successful Accounts Assistant will have some previous experience within an accounting role and ideally be studying the AAT qualification.
The individual must also have:
- Strong communication skills
- Potential for future development
- Keen eye for detail
- Computer proficient
The successful Accounts Assistant can expect to earn between £22,000 - 24,000 plus an AAT study package.