This is an exciting opportunity to work for a leading independent business as an Assistant Accountant. The role is permanent, based in central Bristol and pays £25,000 + study support.
Our client is experiencing a period of continued and sustained growth and is therefore recruiting for an Assistant Accountant to join the finance team in central Bristol.
The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for;
- Reconcile expenditure reports back to the Cash Book
- Audit the annual expenditure listings to identify possible corrections to coding errors within cost centres.
- Check invoice descriptions to actual paid invoices and where these are not clear make amendments where applicable
- Analyse current and following year expenditure listing to identify possible prepayments and liaise with business managers for approval before processing journals
- Audit the income for the year ensuring correct charges
- Prepare spreadsheets or system generated reports that matches the income against expenditure to create a Balancing Charge Report
- To raise the Balancing Charges in line with the Balancing Charge Report
- Create a balance sheet at year end to identify and report on Profit, Loss and Client Liability position
The successful candidate will have a proven track record as an accounts assistant or assistant accountant with a good understanding of double entry. You will ideally be AAT part or fully qualified, or studying towards ACCA.
A salary of £25,000 + study support towards a recognised accountancy qualification