Senior Project Accountant Role - Suitable for candidates with either Projects or Financial Controller
Your new company
Very well established Somerset manufacturing and engineering company
Your new role
The primary purpose of this role is to be financially responsible for strategically important long term contract(s), providing financial direction and advice to the programme leadership, ensuring fiduciary controls are implemented and maintained and ensuring budgeting, forecasting and reporting of the programme financials in compliance of IFRS and contractual obligations.
Key Responsibility Areas
* Financial responsibility for major long term contract within Finance team, including the accurate preparation of monthly forecasts, reporting and annual budgeting in accordance with latest accounting standards and Company Policy and timetables. Support to routine external audit requirements.
* Drive financial leadership and control into the programme, supporting the Project Team with appropriate contract analysis, reporting and direction.
* Ownership of all forecasting and budgeting requirements associated with those contracts, partnering with the business continuously. This will include challenging and approving:
* Contract costs to complete along with associated schedules
* Cash forecasting and support to treasury management for the programme, income and expenditures
* All Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet items pertinent to the contract
* Contract performance monitoring and reporting
What you'll need to succeed
Qualified ACCA, CIMA or ACA with solid track record and experience post qualified
Experience of working in a manufacturing and / or engineering business
Background in either SME or PLC organisations
SAP systems knowledge beneficial
What you'll get in return
Some of the best benefits available in the South West economy
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.