Our client is a well-established medium sized accountancy firm with offices in Central London and the Home Counties. Their clients range across all fields of business, operating both nationally and internationally.
An opportunity has arisen to join this growing firm as Financial Controller, contributing to the management of the practice and taking responsibility for the firms internal accounts function including monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
Working across dual offices the successful candidate will provide timely and accurate practice management reports whilst managing internal accounts staff.
Key responsibilities will include:
- preparation of monthly management accounts for the firm, including detailed support schedules, on a timely basis
- Preparation of annual accounts, providing analysis where required
- Preparation of the partnership tax computation on an annual basis
- responsibility for the firms purchase ledger, nominal ledger & petty cash
- Responsibility for client accounts reconciliations
- Control the billing process for the firm, preparing pre-billing report and summaries
- Undertake debt collection on behalf of the partners of the firm
- Prepare all VAT returns for the firm
- Management of the internal accounts staff
My client requires an experienced accountant with strong attention to detail and a proactive attitude. Previous experience in a senior accounting role and the ability to demonstrate strong technical and commercial knowledge. With excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
If this opportunity could be of interest please apply with your CV.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
CMC Consulting is committed to equal opportunities. We do our best to ensure that the wording used in our job vacancies does not discriminate against any individual in any way. Please contact us if you feel that this is not the case.