Senior Analyst - Project Financial Control
The position is responsible for project financial control, financial performance reporting & forecasting for one of the largest contracts held by my client. It supports the General Manager as well as the executive team of the contract providing key data to support recommendations & driving performance.
My client is a multinational IT & communications organisation with revenues in the billions. Primarily working in the air cargo / aerospace industry, they are the major player in their field. This piece of recruitment has arisen due to an internal move.
- Working together with the General Manager of the contract to make clear the financial performance of the contract compared to the approved Business Case, the budget and the forecast.
- Responsible for project financial set up to allow tracking and control.
- Preparation of project budget based on the approved business case as well as any new information available.
- Finalize revenue and billing and conduct P/L monitoring.
- Work with Accounting for month end closing for the project making accruals/deferrals as appropriate.
- Drive accurate coding of data to allow project tracking in both P&L and Balance sheet e.g. accruals deferrals Inventory/Asset tracking.
- Regular review & analysis of the project ''actuals'' financials and communication of financial variances to the Project Manager.
- Updating Forecast together with the GM through to end of the project taking account of known/expected occurrences.
- Track & report on project contingencies.
- Produce monthly financial report (prior to the monthly project team meeting).
- Participate in and provide input as required at Project Review Boards.
- Reporting current year performance into the solution line including actuals reasons for variances project forecast highlighting financial risks to allow the solution line to complete their monthly forecast exercise.
- Propose corrective actions to help achieve Budget
- Liaise with local and regional accountants to ensure proper accounting on statutory books.
- Provide financial support to the project team Finance team members and the worldwide accounting organisation.
- Ensure that project is in compliance with relevant standards and company financial policies.
- Responsible for project close down at handover to operations.
- Multiple years in a Finance Project based role working within large complex matrix environments.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrates understand / knowledge of project control practices.
- Possess strong financial analysis skills and be experienced in financial modelling in excel. Knowledge of Sun, Hyperion desirable
- Demonstrates solid understanding of corporate financial and procurement processes.
- Specific experience of the airline industry would be of benefit.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional Financial Qualification (eg ACCA / CIMA / ACA) ideal.
I have a competitive package & salary on offer. This is a highly visible role internally & offers the potential of a long term career within the business.