Commercial Accountant Vacancy - South Yorkshire - £40,000 - £45,000 + 10% bonus
Your new company
Your new company is a market leading manufacturing business based in South Yorkshire. They are a local company with an international presence, achieving a multi-million pound turnover with continued year on year growth.
Your new role will be to undertake the commercial accounting for the business, providing support to the other functions of the business, including Operations and overseeing the financial analysis for new products in development, as well as ensuring product profitability throughout the organisation.
Your role will include:
- Involvement in the annual audit as required
- Involvement in the Group's Patent Box and Tax Credits claims
- Input to the monthly FX policy discussions as part of the FX Committee
- Develop and continuously improve business reporting, including development of the system
- Monitor the risk profile of the business and develop adequate controls to mitigate risks
- Any other ad hoc duties and reporting commensurate with the role
- Support other departments by providing financial information and advice as required
- Manage and influence the pricing files, including costs for delivering products
- Assist in negotiations for product pricing
- Provide forecasts for future purchases to assist third party companies in their planning and assist in negotiations
- Support the enforcement of terms within manufacturing agreements through the collation and supply of information
- Prepare rebate claims to suppliers and calculate the monthly Group rebate accruals
- Provide consolidated Group reporting from operating companies in the UK and overseas, including analyses of product gross and net margins
- Analyse tooling costs and oversee the monitoring and auditing of assets belonging to the company
- Work with teams, analysing new product financials, including calculating payback periods and ROI
- Monitor and manage ongoing costs through the process
- Oversee financial aspects of the tendering process for new products being manufactured by third parties overseas
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role you will need you will ideally have experience in a similar role, product costing, experience working in manufacturing / retail, involvement in tendering and negotiating an advantage, and Foreign exchange experience a benefit. You will have a high level of initiative, ability to work independently or part of a team with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Furthermore you ideally will be;
- CIMA/ACCA qualified
- Experience within a similar role
- Experience of Foreign Exchange is beneficial
- Experience of product costing
- Experience with negotiation and tendering is advantageous
You will be ambitious to succeed, have a strong work ethic and previous experience with SAP Business One software would be desirable. Experience working within the manufacturing industry would also be beneficial to this role.
What you'll get in return
In return you will get a desirable salary of £40,000 to £45,000 + 10% bonus, opportunity for international travel, exposure to senior management and a chance to progress your career within a market leading company. The company also has availability for Free Parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.