Accounts Payable Officer
Accounts Payable Officer - Battersea - Property Development Industry - £30,000
Your new company
This new and exciting role is working for one of the market leaders in the property development industry, located near Battersea. The offices are modern making it a lovely environment to work in alongside a friendly team, reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager.
Your new role
This amazing role will encompass all aspects of the finance function enabling you to provide financial, administrative and clerical services in a professional, effective and efficient manner. This amazing role will support each part of the team and full training will be given, allowing you to progress and learn new skills.
The duties for this role are as follows:
Ensure the workflow of all documentation through the purchase ledger process is carried out in line with company procedures
- To provide a point of contact with creditors who may have queries regarding outstanding invoices, or staff/ non staff expenses
- Ensure correct coding of invoices
- Liaising with suppliers and staff
- Carry out supplier statement reconciliations
- Create Aged Creditor Report on a monthly basis to review older balances/update queries
- Weekly outstanding invoice report creation and distribution to the company
- Receive, input and distribute invoices for goods and services
- Verify bone fide transactions have been appropriately authorised
- Posting batches of invoices for data entry
- Carry out cheque & BACS payment runs
- Process subcontractor payment runs
- Investigate variances and anomalies identified through the payment process
- Ensure a high quality of control and filing for all financial documents
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial and employee files
- Support Accounts Payable Manager, Financial Controller and Head of Finance as required.
What you'll need to succeed
The company want you to be a motivated individual with a 'can do' attitude. You need to be a good communicator with the ability to share ideas and knowledge in a clear and concise way. Ideally, you will have good analytical skills and very high attention to detail and the ability to deal with many different things at once. For this role high excel skills are vital including confidence in V look up and Pivot table functions.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be working in a lively environment and be able to learn from others in the team. Competitive benefits are available including a competitive salary, medical insurance, monthly team building events/incentives and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.