Your new organisation
My client is a large instantly recognisable organisation based in Newport. A requirement for interim cover has arisen following secondment.
Your new role
In your new role you will:
- Complete internal audits as directed by the Head of Internal Audit (HoIA) in a proactive and efficient manner to ensure a quality end to end audit process throughout planning, scoping, fieldwork and reporting phases.
- Support the HoIA in managing external co-source auditors and budgets in the scoping and performance of relevant audits.
- Undertake relevant data assurance and compliance reviews to ensure adherence to various licence conditions and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Support the HoIA in the identification and assessment of key operational and strategic risks across the various directorates.
- Assist with the preparation of audit plans, audit and risk papers for reporting to, and approval by, Board, Audit Committee and group shareholders.
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be a qualified accountant (e.g. ACCA, ACA) with relevant degree. Have good knowledge of audit, risk and governance, ideally gained within an internal/ external audit or risk environment. IIA or risk qualifications also desirable. Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to engage and interact effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
What you'll get in return
You'll work for a large commercial organisation that really values it's employees. You will receive up to £220 p/d (inclusive of holiday pay/will pay more for the right candidate) on a 7-8 month interim placement working full time.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Adam Brooks now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.