Finance Assistant - £26,000-£30,000 - Southgate - Independent car park management company
Your new company
This new and exciting role will be working across a wide range of sectors with a diverse mix of clients, working within a team of 5 in finance. The business is relatively new, but is proving to be successful with a current turnover of over 20 million pounds. The offices are modern making it a lovely environment to work in alongside a friendly team.
Your new role
This amazing role will encompass all aspects of the finance function and will give you an ideal introduction into the ways in which a finance department works and the commercial reporting requirements of a business. This vital role will support each part of the team and full training will be given, allowing you to progress and learn new skills. The duties for this role are as follows:
- Purchase ledger invoice recording onto sage
- Preparation of payment batches to suppliers
- Statement reconciliation and remittance advices
- Dealing with supplier queries
- Recording bank transactions into sage
- Bank reconciliations
- Recording sales invoices into Sage
- Aged debt management and debt chasing as required
- HR assistance, to include entry of timesheet data, filing and dealing with queries
- Monthly Reporting of staff hours to management
- Preparation of monthly sales figures and cash collections
- Monthly performance reporting to clients
- Detailed Analysis and reporting work
- General administrative duties.
What you'll need to succeed
This role will provide an excellent opportunity to someone with the right skills and aptitude to learn and experience all of the aspects of a finance department. It would suit someone with a degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or a Science. You will have good analytical skills and very high attention to detail and the ability to deal with many different things at once. Ideally, Excel skills will be very high and the ability to check your own work and identify errors is key. What you'll get in return
In return, you will be working in a lively environment and be able to learn from others in the team. Competitive benefits are available including a competitive salary, medical insurance, monthly team building events/incentives and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.