Junior Accountant - £25,000 - Property Company - Paddington
Your new company
This role is working within a fast-growing property company located near Paddington. The business is relatively new but is proving to be a growing success with a current turnover of over 6 million pounds. The offices are modern making it a lovely environment to work in and the team are very friendly and vibrant.
Your new role
The duties for this role are as follows:
- Be responsible for all transactional finance: update accounts receivable and issue invoices, and update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Partner with internal teams including Operations, Sales, Logistics and various business partners to define, establish and implement accounting systems, processes and procedures
- Identify opportunities and implement programs to centralise, eliminate, automate or outsource activities
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Complete all month end processing work to enable the preparation of month end reports for the business
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc.
What you'll need to succeed Candidates who apply for this role MUST have at least 1 years' experience with a 2:1 or above in accounting or finance degree. The ideal candidate will be keen to learn within this role as there is scope to progress, as well as having an eye for detail with the confidence and ability to make changes where needed . Xero experience is preferred but not essential.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be working in a lively environment and be able to learn from others in the team. Competitive benefits are available including a competitive salary, medical insurance, monthly team building events /incentives and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.