Global Private Bank Tax Specialist (FTC)
A Global Private Bank based in London is looking for a fully qualified Tax Specialist to take control of the tax operations within the business as well as the implementation of regulatory and environment changes within the UK Private bank and Channel Islands.
- Provide support and cooperation to the BPB tax team with group-wide tax projects (including but not limited to operational matters involving CRS, FATCA and tax transparency);
- Active involvement in identification of risk issues with the Private Bank and to be a Tax Risk Steward;
- To assist senior GPB colleagues where required with developments and changes relating to the UK tax legislation, such as UK Resident Non-Domiciled rules or product related technical rules;
- Be proactive in identifying potential solutions and communicating with confidence, credibility and support focus. To provide training to the Business where required.
- Attend meetings in the UK as directed by senior colleagues (including risk and business control meetings) and to act with initiative and intelligence under the supervision of more senior colleagues and the overall supervision of the GPB Head of Tax.
- To work with Risk and other stakeholders (Audit, ORIC, etc) to ensure Tax Risks are appropriately reported at the GPB and the Group level.
- To provide high quality technical and practical input across GPB in respect of the application of the procedures in place for operational incident reporting;
- To help drive and implement GPB-wide projects and embed within BAU process as and where relevant, ensuring consistency in approach across all sites;
- To provide support for the development and implementation pf GPB/ Group-focused strategy by suggesting tactical changes to facilitate their execution.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Qualified UK tax professional (tax accountant, tax adviser or tax lawyer);
- Global Private Banking experience and an understanding of the internal structure within GPB would be advantageous;
- Commercial and relationship awareness, sound judgement and high quality communication skills with the flexibility to manage the expectations of a range of stakeholders is essential.
- Project management and coordination skills with an ability to find and drive solutions in a matrix environment.
- Ability to prioritise projects/tasks according to deadlines and requirements and deliver high-quality work.
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Very good communication skills in English. Another European language useful but not essential.
What you'll get in return:
- £450-£550 day rate;
- Option to work from home 1 day per week.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.