Finance Assistant / Brighton / Finance / Accountancy / Contract
A leading business based in the Brighton region are seeking a Finance Assistant for a 6 month fixed term contract.
As Finance Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Undertake banking for the organisation
- Undertake Sage input work re bank entries, journal postings, financial reporting.
- Preparing twice-weekly adviser payment runs.
- Preparation of bank account and financial reconciliations.
- Maintenance of BACS payment details
- Maintenance of fixed asset registers
- Processing and reconciliation of inter-divisional/company balances and transactions (monthly).
- Posting of supplier invoices to Sage purchase ledger, with appropriate allocations to cost centres.
- Liaising with suppliers and internal staff members to resolve invoice queries and allocation issues and obtaining the pre-authorisation of invoices in line with pre-determined procedures.
- Processing of supplier payment runs
- Review of supplier invoices
- Raising of purchase and non purchase ledger cheques
- Raising of sales invoices using Sage
- Assisting with the monthly payroll administration as and when required.
- Assistance in compiling VAT returns
The ideal candidate is available to commence a fixed term contract plus has all the knowledge of the role responsibilities, either from accountancy studies (AAT, ACCA, CIMA etc) or from practical work exposure.
£17,000 plus benefits