Senior Accountant - Children's Services
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our well regarded Financial Operations Division. Located within the Council House, Solihull Town Centre, this post will initially be based in the Children’s Services, Public Health and Skills Finance Team.
The Financial Operations Division are proud of our proven track record of delivering an excellent service. Our approach to maintaining a three Year Medium Term Financial Strategy has been held up as good practice nationally and for a number of years we have achieved External Audit reports with no recommendations for improvement. We believe in investing in training and providing support for staff to develop their careers.
In this role, you will work closely with your customers providing strategic advice to support them in managing their budgets and delivering savings targets. The Team supports both Children’s Services and Skills and the Public Health Directorates in Solihull.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to lead a team delivering a high-quality financial service.
- Use your initiative to develop procedures and processes to improve performance.
- Provide professional financial advice to a combination of Council Members, Chief Officers, Senior Managers and Budget Holders.
- Help deliver a challenging savings agenda.
Experience of working in a professional finance environment, including preparing budgets and monitoring, forecasting, and utilising financial modeling and analysis to support decision making will be critical for this role.
You will also have:
- Current full membership of CCAB or CIMA with evidence of continuing professional development.
- Advanced financial management and accounting skills
- Experience of managing a financial team and working closely with other teams to deliver tangible outcomes.
As well as being part of a successful and well-managed department, we also offer:
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff discount card
Interviews will be held on 28th August 2019.