Senior Payroll Officer
Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire Contract: Full time, permanent Hours: 35 hours a week Excellent benefit package, Parking, Gym and Canteen on site. We are looking for a Senior Payroll Officer to Supervise our Payroll Team who are based in Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire. This is a challenging role for a highly motivated and resourceful person who has experience in Payroll in a medium to large organisation. The post holder will report directly to the Payroll Manager, work closely with all members of the payroll department and have a willingness to embrace new technologies and change.
• Ensure payrolls are processed in an accurate and timely manner in line with statutory legislation and company policies.
• Prepare, input and process all relevant data relating to allocated payrolls
• Checking and reconciliation of allocated payroll output prior to BACS submission
• Assisting the Payroll Manager with various duties, including checking and reviewing of payrolls, and the oversight of other payroll controls and project work.
• Managing daily/weekly workloads and workflows to ensure that the team processes payrolls, in a timely and efficient manner in keeping with SLA's
• Dealing with enquiries from statutory bodies
• Dealing with enquiries from employees in an efficient and professional manner
• Assisting in identifying and implementing process improvements The post holder must have experience gained in a senior post in a large and complex payroll environment. Experience in the Construction Industry would be a definite advantage but is not essential. More importantly, they must have the ability to supervise a team and gain a thorough understanding of pay arrangements, terms and conditions. First class Organisational and Planning Skills are essential for this post, as are Excellent Communication and Customer Services Skills. The primary objective is to ensure that a timely, accurate and efficient service in terms of Payroll processing, recording, payments, reporting and dealing with queries. It is an exciting time to join our team. Come and help us develop our Payroll Service to support our growing business.