Central Liverpool Our Client, BDO - an international network of public accounting, is looking to recruit an experienced and dynamic Associate to join the Tax Hub based in central Liverpool. This team is one of several Hubs within BDO's rapidly growing Shared Service Centre (SSC). SSC team members work internally within the business providing support to the client facing members of the firm. The Tax Hub provides UK-wide tax compliance services to BDO colleagues in the tax stream. The teams' scope of service includes personal, corporate and indirect taxation. Responsibilities This will be a challenging and rewarding role where you will:
• Support regional client facing tax teams with review and QA of personal, corporate and VAT tax returns processed by the tax hub team
• Monitor throughput, productivity and accuracy of team members' output
• Embed a continuous improvement ethic through effective monitoring and route cause analysis of errors and omissions
• Work extensively with BDO's tax software and workflow tools
• Deliver QA outputs to agreed timescale, quality and volume
• Deal with internal queries with colleagues and teams across BDO UK
• Provide support to other colleague teams in the SSC dependent upon seasonality of core work What we're looking for: ATT Qualified or equivalent QBE
• Demonstrable experience of Corporate and Personal tax work
• IT skills - strong working knowledge of MS Excel, other MS Office products and similar desktop applications. Knowledge of Alphatax and CCH tax software is advantageous
• Well presented with a professional level of communication - both verbal and written
• Good time management, organisation skills and the ability to prioritise and complete tasks with limited supervision.
• Viewed by others as a trusted advisor and advocate
• Energised, enthusiastic and results orientated
• Ability to work well in a team environment - mentoring/supervising experience is advantageous.
• Ability to use own initiative and take a flexible approach If you have the skills and experiences required for this position please call Jaanaki on (phone number removed)