Finance - SVP - Equity Markets, Prime Finance and Securities Services FP&A Lead Analyst - 12 Month F
United Kingdom,England,London Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Function: Finance Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job Employee Status: Regular Travel Time: No Job ID: 19026644 Description Job Purpose: EMEA FPandA provide:
• Analysis and review of financial performance, especially drivers, trends, and the competitive environment, to enhance understanding thereof on the part of management, the Board, regulators and shareholders
• Insightful analysis as the foundation for strategic decision-making, resource allocation and performance management
• Tools, analytical capability and data to support thoughtful planning and target setting, as well as to drive business initiatives
• The means by which the businesses both implement and measure the impact of those decisions and targets, and identify and implement course corrections Job Background/context:
• EMEA FPandA covers all aspects of the Citi Franchise including: Products, Geographies, Clients, Functions and OandT. It is part of the EMEA Finance team
• Equity Markets and PFSS are major business segments within ICG, covering the entire EMEA geography, organised around sub-products, geographic clusters and client segments. This is part of the EMEA Markets and Securities Services FPandA team
• The role requires close partnership with in-business management teams and requires high level of business understanding and interaction with the product heads.
• The role will work in close partnership with EMEA ICG FPandA team, Mumbai CSC and Global Markets Finance teams to meet FPandA deliverables
• This is an exciting and challenging role requiring the establishment of efficient operating practice and networks
• This role is based in London Key
Based upon the Job Purpose described above, the key responsibilities are:
• Performance Measurement: Analyse and explanation of key movements and trends in Business and Legal Entity PandL, Balance Sheet, efficiency and return metrics; including linkage with business drivers and client trends
• Reporting: comprehensive management information for business, leveraging Performance Management Toolkit and driving enhancements as required.
• Assessment of Market and Competitive Environment: including competitive benchmarking, macroeconomic/environment assessment, market share analysis/wallet sizing, and understanding trends in client revenue, volume and deal pipeline
• Driving Business-specific aspects of the Integrated Capital Planning process, including coordinating business engagement for CCAR.
• Productivity: Work with Business and across Finance to understand and improve efficiency and returns, particularly Operating Efficiency, RoA, and RoTCE. Drive execution of initiatives in partnership with Business.
• Drive strategic exercises, working closely with Equities and PFSS businesses and EMEA ICG FPandA team, including ad-hoc analysis.
• Supporting Senior Management: Co-ordination and preparation of presentation material and talking points for any internal or external meetings
• Supporting Senior Management: Being a trusted advisor
• Internal Client Meetings: Participation in both ad-hoc and regular meetings requiring presentation of financial information to the Equities and PFSS businesses.
• Engagement: Proactively engage and interface across Business, Finance and other relevant functional areas to leverage information and processes to meet requirements whilst avoiding unnecessary duplication Development Value:
• Develop a detailed understanding of Markets and Securities Services business (specifically Equities and PFSS products) from both a financial and business perspective
• Developing or furthering the skills used to provide the organisation with the ability to; allocate resources, execute plans, analyse and anticipate performance in the context of the market, competitive and regulatory environment
• Develop local and remote people management skills, negotiation skills and influencing skills
• Significant interaction with other areas of FPandA, Finance (i.e. Controllers, Treasury and Tax) and the Business will enhance network and personal effectiveness
• Significant scope for improving FPandA process and practice (as part of Global FPandA transformation efforts)
• Breadth of role will provide significant business and personal development opportunities
• Provides interaction opportunities with senior business leadership Qualifications
• Strong financial accounting background with post qualification experience
• Familiarity with Financial Services Industry and/or related business products would be desirable but not essential Knowledge/Experience:
• Excellent working knowledge of the ICG businesses
• Prior experience of working within FPandA or similar function
• Working in a Finance role with multiple stakeholders and in an organisation with a matrix management structure Skills:
• Ability to communicate simply, clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing, adjusting style to suit the audience
• Demonstrated strength in detailed financial analysis
• Strong communication (written, verbal and interpersonal) skills, including tact, diplomacy, and ability to influence senior-level executives
• Integrity, maturity, dependability, a positive professional attitude
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Track record of success in delivering high quality work in a fast paced and dynamic environment Competencies:
• Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to deal with colleagues at all levels across the Firm
• Ambitious and hard working
• Willing to learn
• Be a team player
• Positive and pro-active attitude
• Ability to manage multiple demands Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer