My client is looking for a candidate to join their small finance team reporting into the Head of Finance. The Ideal candidate would have already gained basic accounting knowledge and is now looking to take the next step in their career.This role will give exposure in all accounting areas, including sales and purchase ledger postings, nominal ledger journal postings, cashbook reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations and will also be back up to our weekly payroll function to cover for the payroll officer. There is an Accounts Junior who is starting their career in finance and the Accounts Officer will be required to provide training and support to this person alongside the Head of Finance, to ensure they receive the best training at the beginning of their career. The candidate will also need to support the Head of Finance in all areas including; producing the companies monthly management accounts including Income Statements and Balance Sheets, all submissions to HMRC including PAYE, CIS deductions and VAT return, supporting the finance team where required and any ad hoc tasks that arise. REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Excellent systems skills and a demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft products
• Exposure to Sage 50 and Sage 200 though not essential
• Exposure to IRIS Payroll though not essential
• A team player who has a "can do" attitude and can communicate at all levels within the organisation.
• Enthusiastic, personable and excellent attention to detail
• Must have general accounting knowledge