Leadership role, supporting the board from a commercial finance and reporting perspective
Opportunity to join a rapidly growing SME
The company is a rapidly growing SME travel group, which is market leading in it's field.
Working alongside the Managing Director, the Finance Director will support the leadership team in growing the business. The Finance Director wll lead the finance team to ensure sound accounting, processing and financial control, in addition to providing financial advice and business support to managing director and senior team. He/she will lead change management within finance, working with department heads and other stakeholders to help plan and manage budgets, produce timely and relevant reporting, analysing variances.
Amongst the main responsibilities will be
- Efficient operation of accounting and financial processing
- Full reconciliation and financial control procedures
- Overseeing cash control and cashflow forecasting
- On time production of all management accounts, budgets and financial accounts
- Lead annual budgeting and planning processes
- Participation fully in systems and process improvement
- Maintaining a well-trained and motivated finance team. and
- Ensuring that financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant from a regulated industry While travel would be idea, if it's not, please do highlight the businesses you have worked for which have been highly regulated.
Experience at Finance Director level is essential, as is a progressive CV with infrequent job moves.
A salary of up to £85,000 plus benefits including car allowance.