Full time Financial Accounting role with elements of Financial Reporting and Business Partnering.
Our client is a global manufacturer based in Fareham.
- Responsibility for a number of the legal entity ledgers held within the Shared Service Centre, to ensure timeliness and accuracy of the month end accounting and reporting in accordance with US GAAP
- Assume in due course and according to requirements reporting responsibility for entities transferred into the Shared Service Centre from the EMEA region
- To reconcile on a monthly basis various balance sheet accounts
- To prepare and agree inter-company balances within Europe and worldwide on a monthly basis.
- To provide support to the Assistant accountant in the areas of cost centre review, rebates and discounts
- Support for the Fixed Asset related accounts as held in the SSC, as well as other interconnected sub-ledger, general ledger, reporting, and the fixed asset register
- Assist with management of the fixed asset processes, managing execution of daily activities including verification, impairment, obsolescence
- Ensuring correct processes followed for acquisitions, transfers from CIP, disposals in a timely manner and in accordance with policies and procedures
- Ensures transactions are recorded, documented, reviewed and supported in accordance with company policies and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls.
- To answer and resolve internal inquiries, including audit inquiries from internal and external auditors.
- To provide additional support to the Financial Reporting team as and when required.
- To perform other duties and project work as required
The succesful candidate must be
must be able to embrace and be open to change, operate in a dynamic environment, manage multiple deadlines, display good professionalism and organisational skills, maintain confidentiality as necessary and have good verbal and written communication skills whilst supporting the principles of a SSC by understanding the needs of the customer, aiming to exceed customer expectations, and adopting a continuous improvement approach.
Competitive Salary and benefits on offer to the successful candidate.