VAT Retrieval Adminstrator
They are looking to recruit additional entry level VAT consultants to become part of our growing professional team.
They are based in London, but our NHS clients are located all over the UK.
They are a SME, small enough to provide tailored specialist services and build lasting business relationships, but large and technically experienced enough to cater to any size of NHS body, competing with the largest blue-chip firms.
They hold ISO9001:2015 for our quality management system ("QMS"), assessed and awarded by the British Standards Institute. There QMS consists of a quality policy, quality objectives and working procedures which are regularly reviewed and independently audited.
In recent years, they have grown to become a leading provider of VAT services to the NHS and our clients include some of the largest NHS Trusts in the country. We have achieved this by consistently identifying increased levels of VAT recovery for our NHS clients and offering a flexible, tailored professional service. We have a very strong industry reputation.
NHS VAT is often very complicated and analysing client data in order to perform our role is key. The successful candidates should be technically minded and able to work with large amounts of data and present this in an appropriate manner both to colleagues across the business and our clients.
Key to the role is to collate and analyse client accounts data and visit client's offices to conduct accurate and timely reviews using the company's set procedure guidelines within statutory/company deadlines.
Liaising with clients regarding arranging and completing the reviews, discussing findings and cross-referencing with the client's accounts and/or journals as appropriate.
Liaising with suppliers where appropriate in order to identify all available VAT refunds.
Liaising with HM Revenue & Customs ("HMRC") where appropriate.
Completion of client reports/delegation of client report preparation, letters and company admin forms, etc.
Excellent MS Excel skills in an absolute necessity.
- Possess excellent client facing communication skills - both verbal and written
- Have a professional work ethic
- Be detail oriented - able to multi-task and handle several client accounts
- Be able to manage time and projects effectively and work to deadlines
- Be organised and methodical with strong attention to detail
- Be able to work along with teams and have great customer service skills
- Have very strong MS Excel skills
- The ability to take ownership of their work, initiate and implement change and demonstrate a problem-solving approach
- A finance and/or accounting degree or equivalent business-oriented qualification
- Flexibility. The candidate must be able and willing to travel to different client locations within the UK. Some overnight stays may be necessary.
- A basic understanding of VAT would be desirable but not essential as this is an entry level role
- Previous VAT or NHS VAT experience, specifically the contracted-out services HMRC guidelines
- Full driving licence and access to a car
- The company will encourage and fund study for professional tax exams
The company offers an attractive salary based upon the experience of the successful candidates. We are also offering a fully supported training package, depending on your previous experience.
We believe that we offer an excellent opportunity for candidates looking to embark upon a career in a specialised professional practice. We also provide 25 days annual leave, plus workplace pension and discretionary bonuses.