Commercial Finance Analyst
The Commercial Finance Analyst works hand in hand with the business to prepare weekly trading updates and short term forecasts and monthly variance analysis. The role also provides key support to the Financial Planning and Analysis cycle with significant involvement in the budget and reforecast construct and collation. They also support ad-hoc deep dive analysis and new business development modelling.
Our client is an innovative South West based business and due to continued growth, they are now looking to recruit a Commercial Finance Analyst. The Finance department is a critical support function in a fast paced dynamic environment, delivering efficient transactional finance, diligent financial control, and excellent business partnership at all levels.
This role is based in Bristol
- Drive performance in the business areas you support by using data to create relevant, accurate and insightful analysis
- Predict performance, identify opportunities and highlight risk, which will in turn allow business owners to deliver on their strategy
- Prepare and distribute robust management information and analysis, consisting of both Financial and Non-Financial metrics to the business and report key variances.
- Set up reporting and measurement frameworks for new business areas
- Working hand in hand with the commercial finance team and business owners, to provide data and insight to drive operational performance and improve profitability
- Engage with the business owners and operational teams, to drive robust financial decision making supporting the long-term strategy of the business.
- Translate strategy into operational deliverables. Support the business owners in operational activities that require finance input - e.g. volumes, efficiencies, yield, pricing etc
- Lead the month end process, reviewing outputs and delivering commentaries that provide insight into business performance.
- Deliver appropriate reporting/analysis to the business as required
- Lead the annual planning process for the business owner; drive the development of local operational plans that support the financial expectations. Ensure that the business is accountable for the plans.
- Build FP&A models to support budgeting and forecasting
- Maintain rolling forecasts supported by immediate threats and opportunities. Use these to support the month end close.
- Work collaboratively with Business owners on longer term threats and opportunities. Providing insight that can influence decision making.
The successful Commercial Finance Analyst will be a graduate with an accountancy related degree, ideally you will have started studying towards CIMA/ACCA and be at the early stages of study (full study support will be provided)
A salary of between £33,000 and £35,000 is on offer to the successful candidate as well as ACCA or CIMA study support.